The FTxSDG Challenge, powered by the Financial Times and Seedstars, has a mission to empower impact-driven entrepreneurs in emerging markets through a startup competition split in thematic challenges based on the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
The SDGs themes are:
Individual participants are also welcome to join the SDGs Challenge and work in groups to solve real challenges for the different themes. They’ll be given the opportunity to work with their team over the course of a month in order to submit a pitch on their assigned SDG topic.
Prize for startups include
Prize for individuals and startups include
The FTxSDG Challenge gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to take their startups to the next level. The experience starts with participation in Investment Readiness Sessions in the lead up to the pitching competition. In parallel the individuals will be paired up with the teams to work on their solutions. Over the week of the challenge the participants will take part in masterclasses and workshops, then they will pitch their startups and ideas, get support from international mentors and the opportunity to connect to a global community of impact-driven investors. During the final day of the event the winners of each SDG theme are announced.
*For our startups category we will be looking for the most promising early-stage startups from 90+ emerging markets (Operations based in the country/city of application).
Deadline for applications is the 1st of November 2021, 5pm GMT.
Apply as a startup:
- If your startup fits any of the FTxSDG Challenge Themes
- If you have already a MVP
- If you have raised less than 1 mln USD.
- If you have already Initial traction
- If you have an Emerging markets focus
Apply as an individual:
- If you are interested in one of the 6 key topics
- If you enjoy solving challenges and thinking on your feet
- If you are driven and motivated
- If you think critically and bring a fresh perspective